Saturday 8 January 2011

My First Post!

Well here we are, the start of a New Year and my first post on my new blog!! Over the last few years I have followed various bloggers and enjoyed much of what some have had to say, so I decided to have a go myself!!


Welcome to The Barley Bird-er. 


Since my early years I have been interested in wildlife with my main interest being birds; although I am fascinated by the whole of the natural world. The common nightingale has been the focus of my attention since the early 1980's, when I got a job at a farm in the south of Hampshire; common nightingales were abundant in the boundary hedgerows surrounding the fields. Since those early encounters I have been fortunate to have been able to study the common nightingale at close range through bird ringing studies; it is this fascination with the species which led me to chose the name of this blog. There are several definitions of the term Barley Bird, some suggest wryneck or a small bird such as siskin or nightingale, I like to think that it is the latter......

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...